“It’s hard to imagine being able to sample so much good food without spending hundreds of dollars – we’ll be back.”
Jeff is quite correct, and now, you’ve got an additional week to enjoy an extra ten dollar early bird discount for tickets to this year’s Harvest Celebration. They have been extended through September 8.
We announced the chefs a couple of weeks ago, and now we’ve got the pairings of chefs and growers/ranchers that will add up to an unforgettable night of culinary collaboration. Here’s the list:
- Nicole Pederson, FOUND & Nichols Farm
- Eric Mansavage, FARMHOUSE Restaurant & Green Acres Farm
- D’Andre Carter, FEAST & IMBIBE (Evanston pop-up, formerly at Moto) & 1ST Orchard
- Bruce Sherman, NORTH POND (James Beard Award Winner 2012) & Lake Breeze Organics
- Brian Huston, THE PUBLICAN (2013 Michelin Bib Gourmands Restaurant) & Henry’s Farm
- Vince DiBattista, CAMPAGNOLA, UNION PIZZERIA, HUMMINGBIRD & Kinnikinnick Farm
- Victor Hernandez, STAINED GLASS & Geneva Lakes Produce
- Jose Romero, CHEF’S STATION & Heartland Meats
- Sandy Chen & Mark Tsang KOI Restaurant & Zeldenrust Farm
- Michael Gottlieb, BISTRO BORDEAUX & River Valley Ranch
- Andy Motto, QUINCE & M & D Farms
- Greg Campbell, Pastry Chef NU/Sodexo & Nofke Farm
- Ellen King, HEWN BAKERY
- Dennis & Franny Clarkson CRUST & CRUMB
- Robert Eustace MARILYN’S BAKERY
- Wine from SCHAEFER’S & BURHOP’S SEAFOOD
The Third Annual Harvest Celebration occurs on September 26, a little more than a month away. There are a lot of reasons to attend, but foremost is the impressive collection of chefs who are eager to collaborate with producers from our Evanston Farmers Markets to create the wonderful tastings that are the cornerstone of the event.“It was great being able to meet the chefs, and to see them prepare the food – everything was delicious. If we’re in town, we’ll be there every year!” JS
That’s a pretty common sentiment among previous attendees. Expect the same excitement this year, with this year’s roster of extraordinary chefs.
- Nicole Pedersen, Found
- Eric Mansavage, Farmhouse Restaurant
- D’Andre Carter, Feast & Imbibe
- Bruce Sherman, North Pond Restaurant
- Brian Huston, The Publican
- Vince DiBattista, Campagnola & Hummingbird
- Victor Hernandez, Stained Glass
- Jose Romero, Chef’s Station
- Sandy Chen, Koi Restaurant
- Michael Gottlieb, Bistro Bordeaux
- Andy Motto, Quince
- Ellen King, Hewn Bakery
The list may grow, so you might want to sign up for our newsletter here.
If you want more information, or you are ready to get your tickets, go here.
If you are one of those folks who think the main reason to attend the Harvest Celebration is the remarkable product supplied by our producers, well, that list will be in our next article. Check back soon!
You can celebrate the bounty brought to our farmers markets and support the Friends of Evanston Farmers Markets by attending the Third Annual Evanston Harvest Celebration.
A medley of local chefs will be paired with market vendors to provide a fresh, seasonal feast.
Tickets: Early Bird price, $70 thru Sept. 2; starting Sept. 3, tickets $80 each.
Ticket price includes full tasting menu and 1 glass of wine, more wine available for purchase.
Proceeds from the Harvest Celebration will allow us to continue with these programs:
- Matching funds for LINK card customers at the downtown market, a program supported by Evanston NorthShore HealthSystem and other generous donors
- Saturday cooking demos and tastings at the market
- Educational & fun activities for children, with prizes provided by market vendors
- Our interactive web site, with recipes, nutritional information, and information about seasonal foods.
- Email newsletter updates of upcoming events when you sign up for our email list
So join the Friends at the third celebration of our market bounty with Now We’re Cookin’ – the dress is casual, the company convivial, the food unbelievably wonderful.
We’re still matching up chefs and vendors, but as soon as we’ve got the list, we’ll share it right here on this website, along with more information about the event, and pictures from previous Harvest Celebrations.
Tickets are limited, and the event sold out last year, so don’t wait, order your tickets today!
In addition to our booth at the market, tickets are available at Brown Paper Tickets. Just click right here. Early bird prices are available until September 2.
Local chef, Lisa Waldschmitt, was recently our special guest at the Friends’ tent. Lisa is a personal chef, caterer, and blogger at www.havewhiskwilltravel.com and brought her extensive knowledge of fresh food and her friendly personality to the market.
Market goers of all ages were able to participate in her cooking event by choosing which vegetables and herbs to put in their veggie pancake. Even the youngest of marketeers were picking beets and zucchini for their pancakes!
The D65 teachers were back as well with more Market Bingo and yummy edible prizes!
Lisa will be back at the market on July 27 from 9-11am.